Serious & Personal Injury
The last thing you want to deal with is hiring a personal injury attorney. We understand. At Avera & Smith, our Gainesville, Florida personal injury lawyers know all too well that approximately one in three people are involved in a serious accident at some point in their lives. Even worse, many of these accidents are someone else’s fault. With Avera & Smith, you have a personal injury lawyer who will fight for you. If you or a loved one has been injured because of another person’s negligence or recklessness, you may have the right to compensation for your medical bills, inability to work, pain and suffering and other damages. Why settle for less?
Choosing the Right Attorney
You deserve to have the very best serious injury attorney on your side. With more than 100 years of combined experience in Florida, our personal injury lawyers can handle cases involving all accident types. Why not schedule your free initial consultation with a personal injury attorney today? Just contact Avera & Smith by email or call our office at 352-372-9999 or toll-free at 800-654-4659. You’ll be glad you did.
What to Do After an Accident
- Get medical care immediately. After the accident, do not miss follow up appointments with your doctor or disregard medical recommendations, treatments, prescriptions or other advice. This could cause serious problems with your case later.
- Never withhold information or lie to either your doctor or your attorney. It is crucial that you are completely honest so that you get the outcome you deserve.
- Never sign any release of personal information forms, medical authorization forms or any other insurance company documents without first consulting your serious injury attorney.
- Never agree to a recorded statement with any insurance adjuster without first speaking to your attorney. Remember, insurance companies are not on your side. Their goal is to pay as little as possible, regardless of the devastation of injury or loss of life due to an accident.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
- Car Accidents: Avera & Smith handles all manner of collisions, including rear-end collisions, head-on collisions, T-bone collisions, rollovers and more.
- Other Motor & Pedestrian Accidents: Because these accidents can result in some of the most catastrophic injuries, you deserve the best counsel.
- Dog Bites & Animal Attacks: Learn about your rights if you or your child is bitten by a dog or other pet.
- Product Liability & Defective Products: Were you injured by a defective or dangerous product? We can help.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents: We handle slip-and-fall accidents, negligent security and other cases.
- Wrongful Death: You may deserve compensation if your loved one died as the result of negligence on another’s part.
- Life-Altering Injury: Our attorneys handle the most catastrophic injury cases, including brain injury cases, broken bones, spinal cord injuries and more.
- Injuries Involving Minors: We understand the special care that injury cases involving children must be given.